Welcome to 1st Grade Pandamania!
If you are a parent, guardian, grandparent, or involved in the education of students in the primary grades in any way…..you’re in the right place!
My name is Joyce, but better known as Mrs. Oberg by my many delightful students over the years. Throughout my teaching career, I worked hard to learn and employ the best teaching practices. I kept it simple, omitted time-wasting “fluff,” and used meaningful lessons that targeted students’ needs.
However, the curriculum that was provided by the district did not always meet the needs of my students…
This meant I needed to:
- assess my students more often to identify their needs
- plan and prepare well to target those needs
- find or create targeted activities that were engaging and meaningful
- use every minute of instruction wisely
- maintain good classroom management
- maintain good parent/teacher relationships
- collaborate well with my colleagues
- and that is just the tip of the iceberg…
Yes, that list is a bit overwhelming, but once I had the right priorities, my mission became clear, and my students began to thrive and enjoy learning.
A few years back, my husband, Steve joined me in creating meaningful, targeted resources. He is a retired principal who shares my belief in targeted instruction (and I had no idea how creative he was!) With Steve’s help, our tried and true product listings have grown to over 650, and my blog posts highlight the suggested use of these resources from a targeted approach.
Grab a FREE Sample below from our Targeted Phonics Seatwork.