How would you like to be able to pull out these Word Family FLIP Books as a one-page, engaging, simple yet meaningful phonics center each week? We, primary teachers, are constantly searching for engaging literacy centers. The struggle is real!
And make these FLIP Books a routine all year long!
Once your students have made one with your guidance, they will easily be able to make the next one on their own at a center. Each FLIP Book set has between 15 and 25 different books with CVC and CCVC choices, so differentiation is simple!
They are so easy to make, directions include:
1. Students cut on the black lines (dotted lines are for folding).
2. Students assemble and staple on the left side of the book.
3. Students color the vowels so those letters stand out (and their eyes are drawn to what is making the vowel sound when they read the words).
Then they circle whether the word is real or not.
Here is an example from our Short o activity:
Watch the short video below to see how simple and effective these activities are:
EASY PEASY! Students are now ready to read and reread the books either alone or with another reader to solidify those word family words!
Find all FLIP Books Below:
If you love these FLIP Book Activities check out these blog posts:
- FLIP Book Fun For Plant And Animal Life Cycles
- FREEBIE What’s On My Plate?
- Planets and Solar System Activities for Kids